I cannot stress enough how much I am in love with my Epicure steamers. Yes, I sell the stuff (here, to be precise) but that doesn't mean that I like all of it. Not a huge fan of the Pulled Pork What's For Dinner (not that anyone asked), for example.
Anyway, these steamers are fantastic. They come in two sizes, and you just pop your stuff in there no oil or water, and cook for whatever time it is that you're cooking. For example, I cooked two 5 or 6oz chicken breasts in the square steamer for 10 minutes and they were perfect. Juicy, and fully cooked. As someone who has had food poisoning more than I want to (anything over 1 time is more than enough), my chicken is usually dry and stringy. No more!
So anyway, back to these Chicken Club Wraps.
I cooked the chicken in the steamer, with a sprinkling of seasoning salt, ground thyme, and smoked paprika. I let that sit while I cooked my daughter's food because she was acting like the world would end if she didn't get to eat her chicken nugs. Kids, amirite?
I cooked some bacon up too, because what's a club sammich without the bacon? Although I definitely regretted it, because my body seems to abhor pork bacon. Turkey bacon is fine, pork bacon and I feel nauseated.
I digress.
I chopped up some tomatoes, grabbed some green leaf lettuce (a favourite of mine for sandwiches), and then started putting the wrap together as I steamed some potatoes in my rectangular steamer (1 baking potato cut into 1" cubes and nuked it for 6 minutes = perfect tatoes with zero oil). Lettuce down, then chicken (used about half a breast), then tomatoes and bacon, then topped with a very light drizzle of Epicure Honey Mustard.
Mmmm.
My Fitness Pal gave this meal (including the potatoes) a 592 cals, but I think that's because the wrap was a white flour one (180 calories) and that dang bacon was 200 calories. Next time I make it, it'll be turkey bacon on a whole wheat wrap and I think I could get it down to under 500. Regardless, I'm still full from supper and my mouth is still singing my own praises.
I also knew I should have used the smaller plate for my picture, but you just shut your face.

No comments:
Post a Comment