Just because I write a food/recipe blog, doesn't mean that it has to be EXCLUSIVELY food or recipes, right?
Sure, let's go with that.
2014 has kind of crept up on me. One minute I'm starting a new job then Olivia's first birthday, then all of a sudden it's Christmas and I'm thinking "Wait, what?" There were so many great things that happened in 2013, I am excited to see what this year will bring.
I guess this could be a lame seque into food and this blog.
I'm going to try to shift focus. Not a crazy shift, but more of a lifestyle change. I really need to get happy with myself. I am SO not. This can be identified by the fact that I went from having medium-ish length blond hair, to red hair, to super dark auburn, to chin-length auburn, to a strawberry blond pixie cut all within 2 months. Tyler's number one fear was that as soon as I start doing stuff with my hair, then that must mean there's an issue with our marriage. Where this guy gets his ideas from, I have idea. But fear not, our marriage is just fine (although he wasn't really working hard on proving to me that things were okay...). Anyway, it all boils down to self confidence. I've got, like, a negative amount. Okay, that's not true. I start out with an average amount of self-confidence and then throughout the day it diminishes. By the end of the week I'm asking why I bother and then I put on my sweats and giant tshirt and sit on my ass all weekend.
That, dear friends, is what needs to change. And how can I change it? By actually taking care of myself. Appearances are good and all, but I need to make a shift so the insides and outsides can match. I know what I want my tyle to be and reflect, but I just can't because of size restrictions.
So here's what's going to happen. Starting January 6, I'll be taking part in one of those DietBet things, wherein you bet $35 that you'll lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks. If you win, you get your money back AND you split the kitty of whomever didn't win. It's a pretty big bet on my part, just based on my current weight, but that's the motivation to do better. I'll also be hooking up with My Fitness Pal again, scouring the Pinterest boards for recipes and exercises, and hopefully I'll be on my way to being a better me.
Besides. If I want another baby, I gotta lose some girth first. Whatever motivates me, right?
Keep tuned to the blog, I'll definitely be posting more recipes and random things that I'm doing (if I find a good blog or if I find that a workout is really killing it), and I'm always open to suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment